Friday, November 7, 2008

High on Magazine editorials

Currently- I feel like this:



Tired to the extent of falling asleep right on top of my books- too much expropriation of my brain cells, I'm telling you.


But Father Dearest still says: 'I don't see you studying- am I really paying the university to have you slob around all day?'


Methinks its cos coincidentally, every single time I take a break, its the time he gets home from work. =_____=


Anyway, since I think I'm rather close to the economic theory of Diminishing Returns; its safer to let those oh-so-important brain cells cool off AND re-juice themselves on fantastical and whimsical interpretations of fashion.


British Vogue December 2008 has saved me from the brink of losing my study mood. Its 'Tales of the Unexpected', reliving Roald Dahl's lovable children's books, takes me back to childhood and dreams of Giant Peaches that make the world a better, much better place.


I think this is my favorite piece of fashion editorial thus far- I used to love the Marie Antoinette spread back in 2006...but this darling has taken my breath away. Its pure fantasy elements mixed with the beautiful, beautiful British people who exude such a sense of naughty sophistication...that just wins me over. Fashion orgasm indeed.


I love the way Tim Walker has re-captured the childlike innocence of Dahl's books with an adult eye. Its innocent but not too innocent if you get what I mean, in every one of these pictures, a moody- everyday- grown up feel is there, right along with the childish whimsicality that is so Dahl. Its me as a 7 year old reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and me seeing it through a 20 year old's eyes. These pictures take you back to memory lane while injecting a wicked sense of fashion into Dahl's now very, very fashionable fantasy world.


Enjoy together with me: (Click on pictures for a larger, orgasmic view)


Matilda-
Miss Honey, the sweetest teacher on Earth!


James and the Giant Peach-
Karen Elson re-enacting the Giant Peace scene.
Take me away with you!


The Magic Finger-
Helena Bonham Carter grows a tail!


The Twits-
Everyone is always watching!


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-
Dear friends, we surely all agree,
there's almost nothing worse to see,
than some repulsive little bum,
who's always chewing chewing gum!


James and the Giant Peach, again-
The Old Green-Grasshopper plays a lullaby for all.










My favorite Dahl quote:
Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same.
Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers.
Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad.
One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse
- Matilda


Fantastical pictures from:
foto_decadent

1 comments:

(_.·´¯`·×» candies said...

hey babe. its been far too long eh??? I miss blogging..hahaa. yup, am back. nways..how you been??