Monday, September 1, 2008

A passing fancy

It has come into my notice that Miri has a sky full of clouds. After a short jaunt over to the Land Down Under, I have a greater appreciation for the cotton candy swirls that dot the Miri Skyline.


It may be a weird habit- but I am rather like Shikamaru from Naruto. He's not my fav Naruto character...but I understand his fascination with cloud watching. To me, it provides some 'Me-Time' when one can sit back and sweep away all the worries in the world, for some peace and quiet. After all, clouds are great listeners and even better soul-soothers. They have a tranquility in them that I am hard-pressed to liken...to anything at all. When I look at clouds, somehow, I feel quiet and comforted. It is a hard thing for me to actually find some 'calm' and 'quiet' in this hyperactive body of mine but clouds seems to exude a certain influence over me.


Heck, I don't really understand how watching waves crash against the sand is comforting- the waves make too much noise. But with clouds... it seems like they are the silent spectators of our world, telling us stories and watching our every move...quietly passing by to their next destination. It seems that clouds are the daytime audience while stars provide as night time watchers.





As per your awareness- the Australian winter sky is completely blue. It does look pretty, like an unfinished painters canvas longing to be completed...however, I still prefer my wispy, laughing, story-telling friends...





A passing moment equals numerous thoughts. A passing cloud equals incomparable stories.

(click on the pics if you want to take a better look)





Mood:
In need of cloud-watching

Reading:
Constantinople

Wearing:
Jeans and tees and long necklaces (sigh)

Believing:
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,
but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”

-Maya Angelou

0 comments: