Thursday, December 25, 2008

Backlogged!

First off, let me wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS! May all of you have a great day filled with joy and laughter and cheer! May you spend the holiday with your loved ones since Christmas is a time for cherishing those close to you!


I've had a great December, spent mainly in KL with my mom's side of the family (eating,shopping,eating) with a stopover in Vietnam, and came back to Miri to see loads of family friends and close relatives. What more could a gal want? Loads of love to go round. So, with just a few days of 2008 left, methinks this is a great time to end all my dog-eared posts that I've always promised to update but never got around to actually doing (tsk.procrastination.tsk.) so I'll be trying to do one post per day all the way until 1st January 2009. No excess baggage into the new year, peeps.


But TODAY is all about wishing one of my dearest besties a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!


He always complains that woe betide December babies. All close to them are away on holiday and none are available for birthday surprises. Believe me, in order for people to NOT forget about his birthday, he takes the trouble to actually remind them months in advance! He even highlighted my whole December column in my diary to ensure that I did not forget. =____= Apalah. You think I sik da hati is it?


So, to the very special December baby, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
(I did wish you on the actual day, just that this pre-requisite birthday post is a bit 'late') Hehehe.


Here are 21 special notes to you, in celebration of you having lived to reach your adulthood! Right, in light of advanced medical facilities and the like, what more adequate nourishment, you had a very high, good chance of reaching 21 years of age, but ah well, its the actual accomplishment of being 21 that counts! Heheheh!


21 wishes/notes/ramblings for the birthday boy!




1. Sometimes, its really hard to understand what's going on in your mind. You can be a really private person when you want to be but I'm glad that you've included me into your life! So far, there have been many jen-like mannerisms that are now second nature to me. The most important one might be that he dislikes being woken up. Only he can rise by himself. One shall not and must not awaken him from his beauty sleep. Beware because its really not advisable to step on his tail. Its a very short tail linking to a very short fuse. Hehe.

My 1st wish for you: Continue to be who you uniquely are while still, gradually, opening up yourself for your closest ones to see. He is one of the most loyal, steadfast friends I have met and I wish him the same, may you always have the hearts of your friends.




2. Good Luck for all your future assignments and course-related work so that you graduate without further ado! Still, sometimes, it might be better to let time take its course and enjoy university life while you're able to- cherish the things in front of you because people tend to look but not see and hear but not listen.


3. He has a weird fetish with all things YELLOW. I can't comprehend why but I do understand. After all, there are weirder fetishes around the world. Then, just for fun, I googled yellow and found this:


For your future reference!


4. The world is your oyster & I do know that you enjoy traveling! So may you have the privilege to see new places and take more captivating photos in the years to come! Eh, but remember yeah, if strike lottery and you become rich, must bring me and Jiun to Dubai/ Paris, whichever, we are not very choosy. Cannot wait for Jason, we may be old ladies by the time he actually can fulfills his promise. Muahahah.


5. This is a man who eats to live, not lives to eat. =__= He and Uncle Richard are in agreement with this life philosophy of theirs. They will not eat crabs/ prawns or bananas. Why? Because you have to peel the skin off. They like meals which just require them to put the food into their mouths without any additional work involved. So, in light of your 'relationship' with food, I sincerely hope you find a wife who specializes in French cuisine or is so in love with you that she de-bones everything before she cooks it. Or I sincerely wish you prosperity so that you can be rich enough to hire a chef.


6. I do remember that you like Alfa Romeo(s). See, don't always say that I am not paying attention to you when you are talking, I do, okay, its just that my attention span is very limited. I also remember that in that awfully expensive wish-list that you left behind in my Form 5 diary, there was the word Alfa Romeo listed somewhere. Since both you and I know, what with the economy crisis going on, the dream car will indefinitely remain a 'dream' car for a very, very, very long time:



The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.

HAHHAHA! Or I can get you this model car! Not expensive, within my budget!







7. He has a passion for photography and all things related to design. May you always have the karma to meet those who can share their skill and experience with you and guide you to greater heights. I really believe that when one is passionate about something and pours one's heart into doing it, the end result is always breathtaking.


8. I do believe I owe you easy pie recipes. For someone who kind of excels at everything he tries to do, cooking is so not his forte. Hahaha, pardon me saying that having not tasted your often boasted about pineapple curry chicken. Who ask you fly off to Singapore without letting us sample your improved cooking skills? So, yes, please do kindly remind me to pass you Aunty Tracy's easy pie recipes once you're back in Miri. If you fail these... I do not know how you managed to survive for one year in Tasmania.


9. I do think I'm running out of things to say. BAH. Its only No. 9! Hmmm...Anyway, I think I would like to thank you for being such a great friend to me. No matter the occasion or the subject matter at hand, you've always been there without a grumble. I sincerely wish you all the best in life, and although this sounds so tacky and kiddy-like, friendship forever! Pfft, now I gotta get you a friendship bracelet, huh?


10. A little quote for you: ' A fool always thinks he's right, but a wise man listens to advice.'


11. He can be 'quite' lame at times. Hmmm... never mind the quite, he is very lame at times. But one can't always be serious or stout at all times...so his lame-ness provides much laughter and sunshine during impromptu gatherings. May you never lose your unique sense of funny but you could really do less with the word 'kuku'.


12. For some odd reason, he really loves donuts. Methinks its because you just pop them into your mouth. So buy a box of donuts on me, seriously, go get yourself one box...but do share one with Nathan!




13. He has great taste, from his dressing to his room deco and his knapsack. So fear not when you have a wardrobe dilemma or am just in need of a second opinion about a new watch- you can trust his taste! This is the guy who told me to throw away my wallet 'cause it was very 'aunty-like' okay... So please do not lose touch with me because who will give me timely and trusted fashion advice when I am in dire need of it?


14. May you find your soul mate! Just because everyone, I believe, has a soul mate. Its just the matter of meeting/ finding/ discovering your other half!


15. This is a note of warning for everyone's health: Plastic Polystyrene or Polycarbonate bottles are not safe for health (Source: News Strait Times). One can identify these bottles by the '6' or '7' sign on the bottom of the bottles. Therefore, BUY TUPPERWARE!


16. Sometimes, he scares people. I remember how he made this poor junior cry just by looking at her. He glares at the salesgirls selling shampoo in supermarkets and I pray that you have a good luck charm if you meet him on his bad mood days. A friend used to say "OMG. Watch out, evil Jenabi is appearing. Run for your lives!" Still, there is a heart of Gold under that exterior. Just that people might be too intimidated to stay around much longer to discover that...sometimes.

Thus, one learns that one must never ever judge a book by its cover but sometimes, even the nicest books have a torn page or two withing its folds. That's the way the world works!


17. For someone who cherishes his home and family as much as he enjoys his donuts:

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.”

-George Moore


18. One birthday HUG for you!


19. Everyone thinks so highly of him. I wonder how it must feel like to him...overwhelmed? humbled? or just a very blessed feeling of being appreciated? Or might you want to say 'Please just stop and let me fulfill my own future in my own terms?' I can relate to that. So while it does get rather ...overwhelming... at times, I hope you have the wisdom to bear it with a grin, because all they want is the best for you. May you also have a clear mind and the strength to succeed and realize your goals in life!


20. He has utmost self-confidence. You are talking to a guy who goes around saying 'I'm so handsome' to everyone he meets. Or 'I'm sexy.' =___= A wish for you to never lose that unwavering harga diri! Proof of his tag line:




21. Finally, may you always be blessed with joy and happiness, coupled with laughter and cheer. May your future undertakings be smooth sailing and may you find the courage to persevere through hardships...Lastly, since your officially an adult, let me share with you the 'Seven Blunders' which, I hope, will provide a guide throughout life, for you:

Never be without-

Wealth without work,
Pleasure without conscience,
Knowledge without character,
Commerce without morality,
Science without humanity,
Worship without sacrifice,
Politics without principles.

-Gandhi


Happy Birthday.





Credits:
Pictures from
jenabi87.blogspot.com
Google Image Search

0 comments: